Thursday, March 30, 2017

2016 IN REVIEW AND CATCH UP

March 30, 2017

Well here we sit in Red Bay, AL, with some good friends, well at least Patsy King is, not sure about Richard, his status changes on any given day (or hour). They left yesterday. Had a great week visiting with them.

Richard has shamed me into updating my blog, hassling me that he often checks. He informed me that the information I just posted on my blog was wrong . That's odd, I informed him I hadn't posted recently.He tried to prove me wrong and showed me the website. Here is the funny part - he was on the wrong blog. So with that said, I knew it was time to update. Ironically, the last post was when we were with him in Canton, TX.

After Canton we made our way to St.Louis. It was to be a trip  of Dr. appointments and surgeries. Art was scheduled in May for test and biopsy, which all show great news.

June 2016 saw me getting surgery 2 disk decompression and a spinal fusion at L4 L5. That surgery proved to relieve lots of back and leg pain that I had for years and had failed to respond to steroid injections.

August 2016: Art was so pleased and impressed with my neurosurgeon and my results he decided to get evaluated for his back pain. He had surgery to decompress 2 disk.

September 2016 saw us going to Connecticut to visit with our son and daughter-in-law and to watch the girls for a long weekend so they could attend Arthur''s Naval Academy Reunion in Annapolis, MD

We stopped in Kentucky for more Bourbon tasting and viewing the "Craft" distilleries we had not seen.
 We passed thru Cincinnati, Ohio and stopped to see a dear friend from my Real Estate days who moved to the area. Betty Fritsch and me on her front porch. She had such a darling house  and our visit was too short.


We packed lots of activities into that weekend. Pumpkin Patch trip, Stepping Stones visit and of course playing and cooking with Nannie and Grandpa.

We arrived before the girls got home from preschool and sat just inside the back kitchen door where they come in.

Guess they remembered us !!!


A visit to Stepping Stone Museum - A favorite of the twins


Painting on the wall with water. They loved it.

October 2016 I had scheduled a right Total Shoulder Replacement so my time was spent in recuperating and Physical Therapy.

November 2016 THANKSGIVING: We planned on spending it with Tyler and Heather in St. Joseph, MO. We had a great time and good food.

 That's a large turkey for 4 people. Lots of leftovers !!1


Pumpkin pie, cheesecake and Heather's special brownies she made for me without flour.

DECEMBER 2016 . Saw both boys and families being able to make it to St. Louis. First time in years. First time for Christmas for the girls.





Stay tuned more to come:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To Our Blog. A Record of Our Journey

A personal account of our life as RV'ers. Workamping, our way around the country. Seeing and doing exactly what we want, when we want and how we want. We travel in a "new to us" 2007 Allegro Bus 42' Motor Home made by Tiffin Motor Homes located in Red Bay, AL. Traveling along with us is our very spoiled beagle. Simon, who also does what he wants,when he wants and above all how he wants.



Disclaimer: I write for fun. I write to have a log of our adventures, friends and things we see and do. If there are some grammar blunders or spelling hurdles along the way, so be it, get over it and enjoy life. Don't sweat the small stuff.